IF WE personalize medical treatment, can we improve patient care?
Have you been in a situation where a generic treatment did not work very well for you or someone you know? Have you ever had that nagging feeling that maybe the doctor (as good as he or she may be) should really be treating YOU rather than a generalized representation of you?join the community
Digital Orthopaedics is a startup that transforms the planning and execution of orthopedic surgeries and treatment with the ultimate goal of personalizing orthopedic treatment through innovative use of ideation, modeling and simulation technology. This journey accelerates the progress of various precision medicine initiatives worldwide by demonstrating what can be done when good engineering and medical teams work closely together.
Instead of relying on the geometry-based, mass or generic approach, the breakthrough idea is to create virtual personalized foot models for each patient starting from imaging and then use realistic simulation to determine the best possible treatment for that individual.
Digital Orthopaedics’ Clinical Decision Support System value proposition is articulated around three technological platforms:
• Knowledge base and diagnostic support platform for foot and ankle pathologies, allowing physicians, healthcare professionals and patients to collect clinical signs, understand the pathology and choose treatments based on the knowledge from the best experts.
• A personalized surgical simulation platform to assist orthopaedic surgeons in developing a surgical plan with a clear root-cause analysis of the disease; the platform includes tools for patient image analysis and segmentation.
• A machine learning and clinical cases platform that will enrich the company knowledge and improve outcomes of diagnostic support and personalized surgical simulation platforms.
Digital Orthopaedics ensures healthy lives and promote well-being for all at all ages and builds resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation. Their ambition is to transform and optimize patients’ healthcare in orthopaedic surgery. 3DOXpert offers specialized services incorporating best practice and simulation, making it the ideal companion for generalists or specialist clinicians.The practitioner can generate a digital twin of its patient’s foot to realistically render the pathology and to better plan the surgical approach.
Digital Orthopaedics has been involved in the 3DEXPERIENCE Lab program since 2017. They have adopted the 3DEXPERIENCE platform on the cloud for Simulation, Modeling and Automation solutions.The 3DEXPERIENCE® platform on cloud is a key enabler to the success of Digital Orthopedics, offering:
The 3DEXPERIENCE platform is a key enabler to the success of Digital Orthopedics, offering:
• The framework necessary to capture and automate the “Medical Image to 3D virtual models to Realistic Simulation” workflow.
• The potential to connect to hospital imaging systems, enabling the proposed solution as a clinical decision-making service to orthopedic surgeons worldwide.
• 3D modeling and realistic simulation solutions allowing the development, testing, and deployment of the clinical service much more efficiently.
Digital Orthopaedics has put together a strong ecosystem to accomplish their mission. Convinced of the value of modeling and simulation in clinical practice, the founding team of Eric Halioua, Dr. Thibaut Leemriise and Dr. Bruno Ferré drives the adoption of new methods with their team of experts to make efficient progress. The use of simulation as part of a clinical decision making solution requires convincing the medical community of its value. The strong ecosystem that Digital Orthopaedics has put together will help address this opportunity.
Digital Orthopaedics combines engineering and 3D simulation capabilities with in-depth medical expertise provided by Dr. Bruno Ferré and Dr. Thibaut Leemrijse.
They´re talking about us
IF WE give robotic companions to children, can we spark interaction & motivation to learn, play & progress?
Although 75 percent of blindness is avoidable, At least 1 billion people have a visual impairment that could have been prevented or treated. There are 2 principal reasons to this problem: There are not enough medical specialists and hardware is expensive, difficult to setup and non-portable.
Do you think your project is the next big thing?
Join the team !